Re: Re: [Chicken-users] string-search vs. string-match

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: Re: [Chicken-users] string-search vs. string-match
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 13:45:03 -0600

Two possibilities:

1. ldd `which csi`   shows libpcre linked in
2. csi -R regex -eval "(print (test-feature? 'pcre))"
    prints #t if using PCRE.

When I have problems with ? it has always meant I failed to link
libpcre in.  Also, I assume you just mistyped, but ? actually triggers
non-greedy matching, as matching is greedy by default.

On 11/1/06, Dan <address@hidden> wrote:
Looks like *? doesn't trigger greedy matching

[Felix wrote:]
> What regex library are you using? PCRE?

[Dan wrote:]
Uh, not sure; how do I find out?