Re: [Chicken-users] Numbers Egg Error

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Numbers Egg Error
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 12:08:43 +0100

On 11/2/06, Joshua Griffith <address@hidden> wrote:
When I attempt to install the numbers egg on my Mac-tel (OS X 10.4.8,
Chicken 2.5 - macosx-unix-gnu-x86, GNU m4 1.4.2) I get the following
error:

$ sudo chicken-setup numbers
  /usr/local/bin/csc -feature compiling-extension -s -O2 -d1
numbers-base.scm -lgmp -X easyffi
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libgmp.a(add_n.o) has local relocation
entries in non-writable section (__TEXT,__text)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Shell command terminated with exit status 1: gcc numbers-base.o
-lchicken -o numbers-base.so -fPIC -bundle -L/usr/local/lib -lgmp -ldl
-lm  -ldl  -lchicken
Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
"/usr/local/bin/csc -feature compiling-extension -s -O2 -d1
numbers-base.scm -l...
1

GMP is passing `make check' successfully.  Does anyone know how to
recompile the libgmp.a library to get it to work with the numbers egg?

You will need the dynamic version (libgmp.dylib). Does such a file exist
on your system and it is available via the usual search paths?

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp