Re: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken.wiki.br

From: Daishi Kato
Subject: Re: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken.wiki.br
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 13:54:53 +0900

I love it.

--daishi

On 11/6/06, Arto Bendiken <address@hidden> wrote:
On 11/3/06, Benedikt Rosenau <address@hidden> wrote:

> the Wiki has no precautions against Wiki-spam. Since it does not
> have a simple revert function, this is a spammer's wet dream. I am
> sorry, but running a wiki without spam prevention is like running
> a windows PC without a virus scanner.

Perhaps as an anti-spam measure we could require answers to some
simple Scheme questions; for instance, in order to create/edit a page,
one would need to correctly input the answer to a question such as:

  What is the result of evaluating ((lambda (x) (/ 42 x)) 7) ?

While very quick and simple for any schemer to answer, I'd say a
spammer who is able to answer that (almost) deserves his edit
privileges ;-)

Just a thought.

--
Arto Bendiken | address@hidden | http://bendiken.net/