Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken wiki vandalized yet again

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken wiki vandalized yet again
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 08:49:34 -0500

elf scripsit:

> another fairly simple solution (although the one a few posts ago regarding
> simple questions was brilliant, imho) would be to have someone manually
> verify accounts before theyre given edit privs, or something suchlike.
> i would imagine that most of the legitimate posters would already be
> signed up for the mailing lists, or would have mailed felix or others
> in the past, so it wouldnt be a major time investment, i would think...

I'd be in favor of this.  We use it on another mailing-list-connected
wiki that I participate in.  This isn't Wikipedia, where just anyone
*might* know something useful, after all.

--
I now introduce Professor Smullyan,             John Cowan
who will prove to you that either               address@hidden