initial ideas for spam control (Re: [Chicken-users] chicken.wiki.br)

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: initial ideas for spam control (Re: [Chicken-users] chicken.wiki.br)
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 23:01:47 -0500

> I am not sure this is that worth implementing, but I guess we can
> experiment.  :-)

In case anyone wants to read about it, I did write some thoughts about
how to implement this here:

    http://wiki.freaks-unidos.net/weblogs/azul/spam-control-without-persistance

In short, generating the challenge is one thing.  There's also the
problem of somehow saving the answers to the challenges served (which
I prefer to save in a tamper-proof way as part of the HTML form,
rather than in the server) and registering failures (to block the IP
addresses).

I will very likely implement this next week.  With that in place I'll
probably make it possible to generate challenges in the way
exemplified here:

http://anonymous:@galinha.ucpel.tche.br/svn/chicken-eggs/stream-wiki/trunk/extensions/edit-question.scm

Thanks.

Alejo.