Re: [Chicken-users] Re: sqlite3 issues

From: Thomas Christian Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: sqlite3 issues
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:41:40 +0100

elf wrote:

> erm... the require-extension area is commented out, iirc.
> and its oke to have (use blah) outside of a declare along with a (uses)
> inside....

Hello,

the answer is "no" twice -- you commented out require-extension but
replaced it by a series of use statements, which are nothing but
synonyms for require-extension statements. And using both
require-extension and a uses declaration on the same symbol makes no
sense in any normal situation.

> i just ran the compile again on my box, and it worked fine... this is
> indeed odd.  what versions of glibc, gcc, chicken, and sqlite3 are you
> testing against?

My primary development environment is MacOS X 10.4.8. I'm running a
Darwin kernel version 8.8.0, the libSystem is version 88.1.7, my
standard compiler is GCC version 4.0.1, my installed CHICKEN is version
2.503 compiled from the darcs head and I've installed SQLite3 version 3.3.8.

I'm also usually testing in a SuSE Linux environment currently running
kernel 2.6.13-15.12-smp. the libc is glibc version 2.3.5, the standard
compiler is GCC 4.0.2 and the CHICKEN and SQLite3 versions are the same
as on my home machine.

cu,
Thomas