Re: initial ideas for spam control (Re: [Chicken-users] chicken.wiki.br)

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: Re: initial ideas for spam control (Re: [Chicken-users] chicken.wiki.br)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:49:16 +0000

Ok, I have implemented some rudimentary functionality for attempting
to reject spam to our wiki.  It runs the following code to generate
the questions:

http://anonymous:@galinha.ucpel.tche.br/svn/chicken-eggs/stream-wiki/trunk/extensions/edit-question.scm

For the meantime I will keep it as simple as it is.  The most simple
the best (as long as it does stop spam).  Depending on the kind of
attack, it might be enough: maybe our spammers are not specifically
concerned with our wiki but just want to spam as many wikis in as
little time as possible, in which case they'll probably leave us
alone, at least for now.

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/