Quality Assurance (Was: Re: [Chicken-users] MORE EGGS!)

From: Peter Busser
Subject: Quality Assurance (Was: Re: [Chicken-users] MORE EGGS!)
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:46:44 +0100

Hi!

> Since quality of maintenance is what's worth rating, how about the old
> bugaboo of automated nightly testing?

If we are talking about serious quality assurance here, then I would
prefer to have a test run before software is uploaded and not every
night. Only that prevents the uploading of broken software. Nightly
tests do not prevent broken software from being uploaded, they only
detect it.

Even better would be to run tests during each check-in of changes in the
baseline, just like Aegis does (http://aegis.sourceforge.net/).

Groetjes,
Peter.