Re: [Chicken-users] stack traces

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] stack traces
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:44:31 +0100

On 11/20/06, Dan <address@hidden> wrote:

for some reason csi gives me c**p instead of real
stack traces:

<eval> [function-name] (cdr (cdr g1256))
... on and on for 10 levels...

No line numbers, no file names, nothing. Oh, and
mangled variable names. Is this the "standard" these
days, or have I misconfigured something? All code is
interpreted in csi (I haven't compiled anything).

I assume you use syntax-case, right?

If it is, I hope it changes, because it's disgusting.
One suggestion regarding the mangled names: instead of
replacing variables with "pure" gensyms, use something
like x --> g1256:x

Dan, everything you say is true and my heart bleeds anytime
I hear people complaining about missing line-numbers (it does
suck!).
But I simply don't grok psyntax well enough to integrate it's
source-location tracking
device into the macro-expander (which *is* sort of subtle).
I also don't have the time currently to address this, but if you like
to help with this effort, please send me a note, and you will learn
more about macro-expanders, psyntax and chicken internals than
you ever wanted to know. :-)

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp