Re: [Chicken-users] readline not savinf one-char commands to history

From: Sven . Hartrumpf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] readline not savinf one-char commands to history
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:32:34 +0100 (CET)

Wed, 25 Oct 2006 02:04:24 -0700 (PDT), greenash wrote:

> My appologies. I had an older csi script
> (which uses rlwrap instead of the readline egg) lying around  --
> and, somehow, I ran that one. Apparently rlwrap drops single-char lines.

I have talked to the author of rlwrap, who once designed this
as a feature and not as a bug. Apparently he changed his mind :-)
>From NEWS of version 0.27:

"rlwrap now remembers inputs of length 1

-D option to tell rlwrap how agressively it should weed out
duplicate history entries"

The latter responds to a related complaint about rlwrap's duplicate elimination.
Now you have 3 options, see man page:

"-D, --history-no-dupes n
 How agressively to weed out duplicate entries from  the
 input  history.   If  n = 0, all inputs are kept in the
 history list, if n = 1 (this is the  default)  consecu-
 tive  duplicates are dropped from the list, while n = 2
 will make rlwrap drop all previous occurrences  of  the
 current input from the list."

Greetings
Sven