Re: [Chicken-users] postgresql update

From: Michele Simionato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] postgresql update
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 16:39:46 +0100

The trivial tests work on my system. BTW, I just installed chicken 2.5 from
scratch on this machine and tried to download postgresql. I got

downloading postgresql.egg from
(www.call-with-current-continuation.org eggs 80) .
 gunzip -c ../postgresql.egg | tar xf -
 /usr/local/bin/csc -feature compiling-extension -s -R syntax-case
-O2 -d0 postgresql.scm -C -I`pg_config --includedir` -L -L`pg_config
--libdir` -lpq
Warning: extension `syntax-case' is currently not installed
Syntax error: define-syntax
"highlevel macros are not supported"

Since the error message was pretty clear, I installed `syntax-case' and tried
again to install postgresql, without problem this time. But I wonder if this
is okay, or if chicken-setup is supposed to install all the required
dependencies
automatically. What are the future plans for chicken-setup and eggs in general,
with respect of management of (inter)dependencies?

        Michele Simionato