Re: [Chicken-users] Darcs hangs?

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Darcs hangs?
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 07:58:19 +0100

On 11/30/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

 I've never seen it hang.  I have had to wait awhile though.  I would
characterize Darcs as stable, slow, safe, with the rare wart.  For instance
the other day I couldn't unrecord for some reason.  I just wanted to
unrecord and re-record a trivial patch, to satisfy my sense of aesthetics of
not leaving an "oh I forgot something" message in the Changelog.  Since
unrecord wasn't working, I just recorded the new patch and said to hell with
the perfect aesthetics.

I've had similar experiences, but that may have been caused by my
ignorance of darcs patch philosophy. I generally get confused easily
with all the [un]record, [un]revert and [un]pull terminology....

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp