Re: [Chicken-users] performance issue in xml-rpc

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] performance issue in xml-rpc
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 18:54:48 -0500

Daishi,

OK, I've only done a five-minute test of xml-rpc-server -- but yes, I
think that using (1) TCP_NODELAY, (2) TCP_CORK on Linux or (3)
buffering output in http-server before transmitting to the socket
would improve performance, esp. for smaller messages. I ran your test
server, and watched the traffic in a packet-analyzer. Http-server is
sending loads of small packets, esp. when outputting the HTTP header.

There was talk of adding output-buffering to http-server, but I don't
remember where this discussion left off.

Graham