Re: [Chicken-users] performance issue in xml-rpc

From: Daishi Kato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] performance issue in xml-rpc
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 09:44:01 +0900

Hi,

Thank you for your comment.
I first modified http-server.scm to write HTTP headers all at once,
but it didn't help much or none.

Then, I enabled buffering at tcp.scm, which works pretty fine.

What I did is the following:
Just add this
(http:listen-procedure
(lambda args
  (tcp-buffer-size 1000)
  (apply tcp-listen args)))
before
((http:make-server 60234))

And now, it takes only less than 4ms for each request. (10+ times faster!)

I also remember the talk of adding output-buffering to http-server,
but how is this different from it?

Daishi