Re: Res: [Chicken-users] New user; egg problems

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: Res: [Chicken-users] New user; egg problems
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 15:43:22 +0100

On 12/8/06, Peter Busser <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi!

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 02:46:25PM -0800, Paulo Jabardo wrote:
> I think that a simple solution, that would not solve this particular problem
but might help in the future is to have an egg repository for each version. So if
someone is using an older version of chicken, the chicken-setup will use the
appropriate repository. However, new eggs wouldn't be available.

Noone is keeping you from taking a snapshot of the current egg repository
and providing support and fixes for old eggs. Please let me know when I
can use this repository.

That won't even be necessary. The current development version of
chicken-setup (darcs head, 2.509) can download from a SVN repository,
together with a given revision number. So if you need a specific version
of an egg, just do

% chicken-setup -svn http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br/svn/chicken-eggs
-revision 2 ajax

(of course this won'l help users of older chickens)

Tagged eggs can be accessed with an URL that reflects the particular SVN tag
(which not all eggs provide).

I have also added a "(required-chicken-version VERSION)" to chicken-setup.

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp