Re: Res: [Chicken-users] New user; egg problems

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: Res: [Chicken-users] New user; egg problems
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 07:44:12 -0800

On Dec 8, 2006, at 7:29 AM, felix winkelmann wrote:

On 12/8/06, Ivan Raikov <address@hidden> wrote:

  I was going to say, it would take some effort to backport the
current egg repository to a given older version of Chicken. But I
appreciate the new addition to chicken-setup; and at least I can
create a Chicken 2.3 egg repository for the eggs I use.

I wonder if it would make sense to tag the egg-repository on each
chicken release...

Chicken+Egg version tagging is good :-) Thanks Felix for the -setup additions.

But ...

- Are versions of eggs kept in the egg repo?

- What to state something like this for setup:

  (needs (Chicken 2.509) (foo (! 0.1)) (bar (< 1.2)) baz)

& have the system handle the recursive requirements, placing them into topological order. Any version constraint violation(s) will halt w/ useful messages.

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp