Re: Re: Re: [Chicken-users] performance issue in xml-rpc

From: Daishi Kato
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [Chicken-users] performance issue in xml-rpc
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:27:39 +0900

On 12/11/06, Joerg F. Wittenberger <address@hidden> wrote:
> So, it looks like the top two time-consuming procedures are
> read-request and SSAX:XML->SXML.  The third is probably
> http:read-request-attributes.
>
> Any comments?
> Maybe, I would need to look into the chicken source code.

Probably you need to.

OK, did a bit.
I'm starting to understand felix's word about chicken's slow input port.
Just regarding with read-line, I would porpose the following:
a) the data of tcp port includes buf, buflen, and bufindex.
b) read-line directly accesses the buf in data for socket port.
The questions are:
a) can the buf can be shared by the data slot?
b) does the socket type of the port only used with tcp.scm?

I would like to get comments, especially from felix.

Thanks,
Daishi