[Chicken-users] how to set up xemacs for (use regex)

From: HP Wei
Subject: [Chicken-users] how to set up xemacs for (use regex)
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:58:36 -0500 (EST)

machine: solaris with SunOS
chicken version: 2.5

In the shell,
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=the_path_to_chicken_lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

and invoking csi ....

#;1> (use regex)

--------------- this is fine.

However, I then invoked xemacs and did the following:

(require 'cmuscheme)
(setq scheme-program-name "the_path_to_csi")

M-x run-scheme

and then in the chicken REPL,

#;1> (use regex)
Error: (load-library) unable to load library
regex
"ld.so.1: csi: fatal: libchicken.so: open failed: No such file or
directory"

====> I must have missed some steps to set up xemacs.
      Please advise.

[ Incidentally, I tried the above steps for emacs.
  And (use regex) worked fine.
  Maybe I will just stick with emacs, instead of xemacs. ]

thanks
HP