Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken logos!

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken logos!
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:48:32 -0800

Moe Aboulkheir wrote:

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:12:20 -0500, Ivan Raikov <address@hidden> wrote:

 I take it you are not the same "elf" who designed the Emacs Gnus
logo?  Because I think that this new Chicken logo can be simplified
greatly, along the lines of the Emacs Gnus logo:

http://www.ee.ryerson.ca/~elf/emacs/logo/logo2.html

Here is an attempt at such a simplification:

http://divmod.org/users/moe/chicken.png
the SVG is available at http://divmod.org/users/moe/chicken.svg

I'm no graphic designer, and I only spent 30 seconds on it, but I kind of like it.

I think the black lines with yellow "drop shadows" are working.

I still think the "y" in the interior of the body where the chicken wing is, needs to go. Too complicated.

Otherwise the lines are generally simpler, which is generally better.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every