[Chicken-users] Windows Build

From: Joshua Griffith
Subject: [Chicken-users] Windows Build
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 03:03:14 -0600

Hello,

I'm attempting to build Chicken 2.5 on Windows XP SP2 (running under Parallels on a MacBook Pro) with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition and Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2.  I was able to successfully configure Chicken using CMAKE, open the resulting project file in VC++, and start a win32 release build, but it just seems to hang for hours (with the chicken-boot.exe process consuming 99% of the virtual processor and about 1,424 KB of memory).  Any idea as to what I might be doing wrong?

I did successfully compile Chicken on the same machine within OS X in a few minutes.  Alternatively, does anyone have a Windows binary that I can download?  Is there a simpler way to use Chicken to produce a win32 binary?

Thanks,

Josh