Re: [Chicken-users] Minor issue with spiffy's sxml->html

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Minor issue with spiffy's sxml->html
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 00:55:50 +0100

On 12/28/06, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 11:45:00PM +0900, Peter Wright wrote:

> After testing it a bit, it looks like any HTML generated via
> sxml->html will have all close tag(s) followed by end-of-line
> character(s).
>
> Does anyone know of a way to disable this behaviour? I was about to
> dive in and investigate the sxml->html source code directly, but
> thought it might be a bit more sensible to ask for help/advice first. :)

The SXML->HTML in spiffy is a hack.  You probably want the SXML->HTML
functionality from the sxml-transforms egg.  Why SXML->HTML was reimplemented
in Spiffy, I do not know.  Felix?

Can't remember, unfortunately, but likely to remove dependencies. Also, IIRC
sxml-transforms came later. As Dan Muresan already pointed out,
sxml->html is even inappropriately named.

I have uploaded a new version of spifffy (2.39) that does it the way
sxml-transforms do it (thanks, Zbigniew, for the suggestion, BTW).
I also renamed "sxml->html" to "write-sxml" (but kept the old name
for backwards compatibility).

Peter (Wright): could you try the currently available spiffy?