Re: [Chicken-users] bugtracking and open source labor

From: Harri Haataja
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] bugtracking and open source labor
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 23:52:29 +0200

On 11/12/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

I would like to see it integrated with Darcs.  Part of what needs to
happen in the Chicken community, is more people need to have proper
Darcs permissions.  So that they can actually set about fixing bugs.
Even if they need to ask questions before knowing what to change, the
process is a lot faster if people aren't waiting on, say, Felix to
cut-n-paste e-mails.

Getting more people using Darcs, and actually modifying the source pool
proper, may be the low hanging fruit as far as handling the labor
issues.  As opposed to the more exotic notification scheme I laid out,
which I still think is a good idea.

I like darcs, too. Some clear instructions on where to send patches
(possibly with darcs directly) would also be nice. I don't know if an
actual bug tracker is needed, but some way to know about things that
need work or where changes would be welcome would probably be nice.

Naturally I'd also like strong (Debian) packages to be buildable from
the snapshots so you can do install and version/dep tracking dances
that way. There's no system I'd subject to make install. (Though at
the moment there's very little of any system in my disposal.)

--
I appear to be temporarily using gmail's horrible interface. I
apologise for any failure in my part in trying to make it do the right