Re: [Chicken-users] Static compile

From: Joshua Griffith
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Static compile
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 17:42:32 -0600

Felix,

Here is the output with the prelude statement:

[debug] application startup...
[debug] heap resized to 500000 bytes
[debug] stack bottom is 0xbffff970.
[debug] entering toplevel toplevel...
[debug] stack resized to 131072 bytes
[debug] entering toplevel library_toplevel...
[debug] entering toplevel extras_toplevel...
[debug] entering toplevel utils_toplevel...
[debug] entering toplevel regex_toplevel...
[debug] entering toplevel srfi_1_toplevel...
Error: unbound variable: provide

        Call history:

        provide                 <--

Thanks,

Josh

On 1/4/07, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
On 1/4/07, Joshua Griffith <address@hidden> wrote:
> Felix,
>
> I think the problem is with the csv egg.  When I don't compile with eval.c,
> I get the following error:
> [debug] application startup...
> [debug] heap resized to 500000 bytes
> [debug] stack bottom is 0xbffff970.
> [debug] entering toplevel toplevel...
> [debug] stack resized to 131072 bytes
> [debug] entering toplevel library_toplevel...
> [debug] entering toplevel extras_toplevel...
>  [debug] entering toplevel utils_toplevel...
> [debug] entering toplevel regex_toplevel...
> [debug] entering toplevel srfi_1_toplevel...
> [debug] entering toplevel srfi_37_toplevel...
> [debug] entering toplevel csv_toplevel...
> Error: unbound variable: ##sys#require

Indeed, ##sys#require is provided by eval.c. Since csv doesn't load
any extensions on it's own, I assume that it is the last extension
that is required by the application.

Can you compile the static version of your main source file with
"-prelude '(provide (quote csv))'" and tell me whether that helps?