[Chicken-users] RedHat and Debian packages

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] RedHat and Debian packages
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 20:58:33 -0800

Harri Haataja wrote:

Naturally I'd also like strong (Debian) packages to be buildable from
the snapshots so you can do install and version/dep tracking dances
that way. There's no system I'd subject to make install. (Though at
the moment there's very little of any system in my disposal.)

I have a Fedora Core 6 installation now. I have another hard drive free, and a mind to install Kubuntu on it, which is a Debian derivative. I'm willing to do some build testing on Linux, since the Playstation3 is pulling me into the Linux orbit. But, I won't be assuming responsibility for RedHat or Debian packaging. Not enough time, and package maintenance can be easily outsourced to 1 person who wants to make a modest contribution to Chicken.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every