Re: [Chicken-users] building on windows

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] building on windows
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 08:47:08 +0100

On 1/5/07, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

 I haven't considered whether building from a Subversion repository
introduces a difficulty.  I do know you won't be able to build a Changelog,
as you need a Darcs repository for that.  To be honest I don't understand
why we support a Subversion repository for Chicken proper.  Awhile back,
Felix was saying that he and myself were the only 2 people using Darcs.
Well, if everyone else is using Subversion, that would have a lot to do with
it.

The subversion repo is just for people who don't have darcs. It's just for
convenience to get the latest development chicken. It is irregularly
updated from the darcs repo, which is and remains the main development
repository.