Re : [Chicken-users] various questions

From: minh thu
Subject: Re : [Chicken-users] various questions
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:33:05 +0100

> >Is there support for choosing a version of an extension, for example
> >if the new version deprecates something my application uses ?
>
> No, this is currently not possible.

Something like this is possible, if you name the extensions carefully.
I have done something like that. I used require to load the extension.

If you have two extension, ext1.so and ext2.so, both with an exported
function ext-test, then you can load the required extension like this:

(require (string-append "ext" (car (command-line-arguments))))
(ext-test)

I'm not sure whether calling require is the right thing to do. But it
worked for me.

Groetjes,
Peter.

It means that it's possible if a common scheme (not the dialect;-) is
used by everybody...
I thought to something like this when posting my question :
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_versioning_policy
(You can also follow the links at the bottom of the page).

To be clear, I'm not requesting anything; I just asked if something
was feasible.
But I let you know the idea :)

Thank you,
thu