Re: [Chicken-users] Mac OS X: chicken-setup's access to fink-installed l

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Mac OS X: chicken-setup's access to fink-installed libraries
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:13:54 +0100

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 01:20:50PM -0500, Stephen C. Gilardi wrote:
> Questions:
>
> [1] Is there a way to configure chicken to provide additional library
> search paths (and include file search paths)?
>
> [2] Alternatively, can chicken be made to know that on Mac OS X
> (Darwin), if "/sw" exists, it's a place to find libraries and include
> files?

This wouldn't be a good move.  People use Fink, pkgsrc and Darwinports
as packaging system under OS X.  You can never be sure what to use.
Also, many people install some software under /usr/local and some
distros and application even insist on installing stuff under /opt or
other weird paths.

I've occasionaly had library path problems too, but these were most
often because of Linuxisms rather than path issues.  If you install
Chicken from pkgsrc, it adds /usr/pkg/lib to its search path because
the Chicken support libraries are there too.  I assume this works the
same with Fink.

If you can't do that, you can still export CHICKEN_OPTIONS into the
environment.  This variable should contain additional flags that
should be passed to the Chicken compiler.  You could add the necessary
include and library paths there.

Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx