Re: [Chicken-users] stack overflow esoterica

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] stack overflow esoterica
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:33:35 +0100

On 1/23/07, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

So the general question, quite apart from the Cell BE, is how does
Chicken handle a fixed stack size, and / or a fixed amount of memory for
both instructions and data?  I think each SPE (Synergistic Processing
Element) on the Cell BE has 512K of memory IIRC.

I don't know the least bit about the Cell arch, and assume that such a fine
grained parallel system might be rather problematic for Chicken.
But stack-overflow is detected by explicit checks and you can set the size
of the nursery to whatever you like.