Re: [Chicken-users] other leading Schemes

From: minh thu
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] other leading Schemes
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 22:21:07 +0100

2007/2/1, Dinesh Nadarajah <address@hidden>:
I would probably aslo include Kawa Scheme written for the Java platform.

Regards,

-Dinesh

On 2/1/07, Brandon J. Van Every < address@hidden> wrote:
> How many other Schemes out there would be considered "leading products"
> or "principal competition?"  I will define this as Scheme communities
> that are larger than Chicken, with more developers and mindshare.  It
> seems like the list might be:
>
> - PLT Scheme
> - Gambit Scheme
>
> Anyone think there's another Scheme worth adding?
>
> Now personally, I think the biggest source of Chicken's growth would
> come from developers who are not using Scheme, rather than poaching
> other Scheme developers.  There's simply tons more non-Schemers out
> there.  So the experience of the first-time Scheme user is very
> important.  But I think it's also important to look at why other Scheme
> communities are larger than Chicken, and what the Chicken community can
> learn from that.
>
> I'm told that Gambit has been ported to the Nintendo DS hand-held game
> console.
>

> Cheers,
> Brandon Van Every

Hi Brandon,

although you first start your mail with a question, what's the
underlying intention ?
I can't understand why there's so much discussion about 'community
size' and 'growing' and  so on... it's the same on every mailing list
I've read.

Don't take my question offensively; it's really not the goal...

thu