Re: [Chicken-users] cross-platform gui toolkit

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] cross-platform gui toolkit
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 00:47:06 -0800

Tony Sidaway wrote:
I'm considering the pros and cons of this, but I am with Felix in the
belief that a simple, Schemish basic GUI layer design is desirable.
It shouldn't require Qt or Gtk, which are both on the heavy end of GUI
toolkits.  Instead it should provide a layer that works on top of
whatever GUI tools are available, with a minimum of back-end glue
code.

If it's really going to be *that* simple, I don't see why we're discussing Qt or Gtk or WxWidgets as "backends." Just write straight to native OS window systems, the lowest system level. Basically, a "from scratch" project.

Well at least I've accomplished one thing.  I've touched off a GUI storm.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every