[Chicken-users] cello? cross-platform gui toolkit

From: Joerg F. Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] cello? cross-platform gui toolkit
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 19:43:05 +0100 (CET)

I'm afraid I'm sold.

I just read about cells and http://common-lisp.net/project/cells-gtk/
(haven't heard about it before).

To me this looks like a usable way to write (G)UI's.

So whatever the underlying toolkit will be (and how inclomplete the
implementation to start with), I'd vote for something like this
http://common-lisp.net/project/cells-gtk/cgtk-primer.html
as the syntax and style, I shall edit.  Well, maybe we could drop a
few of those "mk-" prefixes (as is "mk-vbox", "mk-radio-button" etc.).

But probably I'm sold because I'm biased anyway.  Could someone please
tell me, what the difference between cells, termite and askemos is?
(except maybe for persistance or safety; from cell-doc.lisp, which I
just have open):

   take a system from time T to time T+1 smoothly
versus
   http://www.askemos.org/A849640f672ed0df0958abc0712110f3c/ProcessStep
   http://www.askemos.org/A849640f672ed0df0958abc0712110f3c/AskemosDVM
Looks just like different wording, to me.  Anything substancial I'm
missing?

regards

/Joerg