Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling problems

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling problems
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 14:08:51 -0800

felix winkelmann wrote:
On 2/6/07, Mao.. <address@hidden> wrote:

Today I download the latest package and compile it with cmake. I have
mingw, msys, and visual c++ 8. when

compiling with vs8, cmake tells me that "testCCompile.c: fatal error

C1902: program database manager mismatch: please check your installation".

and with MSYS, I get "/d/chicken/cmakefiles/cmaketmp/cmakefiles 1, ...)

failed. make (e=3): system cannot find the path.

what can I do, thank you!

Hi!

What version of CMake are you using?

Not likely to be the problem, as the build requires CMake 2.4.5 and enforces that requirement with a FATAL_ERROR. Unless CMake is dying even before it reaches that point in the code! It's the 1st statement in CMakeLists.txt so that would be quite a bug.

If you're using VC8 Express, did you properly install the MS Platform SDK?

I'd need to see more output for the MSYS error. The above is not enough for me to understand. Are all your paths correct with respect to MSYS and MinGW versions of "make" ? Maybe you've got a make in your path that doesn't properly deal with the MSYS shell. This would be a MinGW / MSYS installation issue.

Leaving Chicken out of it, can you build anything with CMake at all? Try the following trivial CMakeLists.txt in an empty directory:

PROJECT (hello)
MESSAGE (STATUS "hello world")

I don't know if it's enough to ensure everything works. But if it dies, then you definitely have problems in your environment that have nothing to do with Chicken.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every