Re: [Chicken-users] GUI: thoughts on practicality.

From: Tony Sidaway
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] GUI: thoughts on practicality.
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 21:08:12 +0000

On 2/8/07, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
minh thu wrote:

> Again sorry for my 'random' (Brandon would call it 'insane' :) ideas...

Ideas aren't insane.  The labor of refactoring for multiple platforms is
insane.  I think people don't realize how little labor they're working
with in open source.

I agree here.  The best hope of something sustainable coming about, in
my opinion, is for a number of people to come up with their own code
and work hard until they convince themselves that their own version
isn't as workable as the other chap's, then they all get behind that
design and push to make it work.  The winning design would probably be
good at doing simple stuff and lousy at doing complicated stuff, but
would be better than what we have now: essentialy nothing.

It might be amusing to frame a GUI project as a challenge to Gambit or
Bigloo programmers! :)