Re: [Chicken-users] environments egg

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] environments egg
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 11:41:21 +0100

On 2/9/07, Arto Bendiken <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2/9/07, Daishi Kato <address@hidden> wrote:

> (environment-layer ENV [EXTENDABLE [SYMBOLS]])
>
> that creates a new environment over a base environment ENV,
> and the binding is firstly lookuped in the new environment,
> and then (if it's not found and not deleted) lookuped in the base environment.

FYI, I'm working on an egg called 'contexts' that builds on top of the
environment egg to provide stackable evaluation contexts (useful for
creating experimental interpreters, among other things). I expect to
upload it this weekend.

Just saying that perhaps this requested feature might be out of scope
for the environments egg, as the environment structure doesn't have a
parent pointer, and the functionality can be easily enough wrapped on
top of it?

Yes, I agree. Looking forward to your egg.