[Chicken-users] Chicken not production quality?

From: Alex Queiroz
Subject: [Chicken-users] Chicken not production quality?
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 10:22:54 -0300

Hallo,

    I'm new to Scheme in general. I've been studying with PLT Scheme
but I'm now looking for a system to develop real applications. I've
found Chicken and was impressed seeing how easy it is to make native
applications. Nevertheless, the description of the Debian Chicken
package contains:

"CHICKEN is a Scheme compiler which compiles a subset of R5RS into C.
It uses the ideas presented in Baker's paper "Cheney on the MTA", and
is small and easily extendable, although not a production quality or
high-performance Scheme system."

    Is this right? Why Chicken is not considered production quality?
Where do you people use it most, and where do you think it's not the
right tool for the job?

Thanks,

--
-alex