Re: [Chicken-users] environments egg

From: Arto Bendiken
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] environments egg
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:36:21 +0100

On 2/14/07, Daishi Kato <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2/14/07, Arto Bendiken <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've just uploaded an initial version to the SVN repository (it's in
> contexts/trunk/). I'll be adding unit tests and some documentation [2]
> in the next few days - you may want to hold off till those are in
> place (though the egg is not that difficult to understand from the
> source, either, at a couple hundred LOC).

I think I understand what is going on.
My question would be how much the overhead is.
It should at least be slower than the normal eval.

Yes, I expect it will be slower.

Ah, I see. That is why you want to redesign it just like the sandbox.
Thanks for your egg anyway, many things for me to help learning.

In case you're interested, there are some namespace-related papers here:

http://library.readscheme.org/page11.html
http://library.readscheme.org/page5.html

--
Arto Bendiken | address@hidden | http://bendiken.net/