Re: [Chicken-users] libffi & cmake

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] libffi & cmake
Date: 20 Feb 2007 17:04:28 -0300

Hi Brandon,

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:58:58 -0800 "Brandon J. Van Every" <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to build Chicken using cmake under GNU/Linux.  I can't find
> > a way to enable/disable the compilation with/without libffi.
> >

> There is no such option in the CMake build.  If ffi.h exists on the
> system, -lffi is added to the linker flags.  Is there a reason to
> disable libffi even when it's available on the system?  We could add
> such an option, but what's the justification for it?

Borked systems (mine, for example). :-) I don't know why, but I could
not compile Chicken with libffi on my machine.  I may be wrong, but
I'm pretty sure it's a local problem, since I could build it fine on
another system.  Anyway, using configure's --without-libffi I could at
least have a running Chicken.

Best wishes,
Mario