Re: [Chicken-users] opengl egg naming scheme

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] opengl egg naming scheme
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:51:27 -0800

On Feb 27, 2007, at 10:53 AM, minh thu wrote:

Hi,

At the beginning of my journey with Chicken, I stolen the opengl egg
and repacked it: I changed its naming gl:UpperCase in glAsInC.

Now I have code I'd like to share that depends on the glAsInC naming.
It would not be very difficult for me to change it but I find it ugly.

Is there any rationale to keep/change the extant egg ? To provide a new one ?

Or is it possible to use the extant egg (the one with gl:Naming) but
use it as if it was named glLikeThis ?

(define glAsInC gl:UpperCase)

Felix's naming for the glut & opengl eggs is a little odd in that he follows the C binding CamlCase style - not the Scheme way, especially since Scheme, up thru R5RS, is case-insensitive.

(See http://community.schemewiki.org/?variable-naming-convention)

Best Wishes,
Kon

Thanks,