[Chicken-users] broken chicken on one of two solaris/sparcs

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: [Chicken-users] broken chicken on one of two solaris/sparcs
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:57:23 -0500

Hi folks,

I have access to two solaris/sparc machines:

SunOS good 5.9 Generic_117171-15 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R
SunOS bad 5.10 Generic_118833-24 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200

On the first machine, "good", Chicken builds and runs just fine. But
on the second machine, "bad", I can build, but the resultant system
dumps core whenever I try to load a shared library. For example,

address@hidden:~/chicken $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib bin/csi -:d -R srfi-1
[debug] application startup...
[debug] heap resized to 500000 bytes
[debug] stack bottom is 0xffbffb5c.
[debug] entering toplevel toplevel...
[debug] stack resized to 131072 bytes
[debug] entering toplevel library_toplevel...
[debug] entering toplevel eval_toplevel...
[debug] entering toplevel extras_toplevel...
[debug] entering toplevel match_toplevel...

     /    /      /
___ (___    ___ (     ___  ___
|    |   )| |    |___)|___)|   )
|__  |  / | |__  | \  |__  |  /

Version 2.6rc1 - solaris-unix-gnu-sparc - [ libffi dload ptables applyhook ]
(c)2000-2007 Felix L. Winkelmann
[debug] loading compiled module `' (handle is 0xfead1358)
[debug] entering toplevel srfi_1_toplevel...
ErrorIllegal Instruction (core dumped)

Note, I have a custom install prefix on both machines; neither is
installed as root.

From the list, I see there were some old Solaris-related issues. I've
taken the output of "gcc -dM -E - </dev/null" from both machines, and
have attached the difference. I don't know if anyone can use this to
provide clues; if there's something else you can suggest, I'll give it
a try.

Thanks