Re: [Chicken-users] chicken 2.6 released

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken 2.6 released
Date: 02 Mar 2007 14:08:03 -0300

Hi Felix and folks,

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 08:29:57 +0100 "felix winkelmann" <address@hidden> wrote:

> The CHICKEN Scheme-to-C compiler, Version 2.6 is now
> available at <http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org>.

Thanks for one more major release!

I could build install and run the benchmarks (*) on the following
systems:

   OS         Hw platform    gcc   with libffi?    build tool
GNU/Linux        x86        4.1.1      no        autoconf,cmake
GNU/Linux       x86_64      4.0.3    yes,no      autoconf,cmake
GNU/Linux        PPC        4.1.2    yes,no      autoconf
GNU/Linux       alpha       2.95.4     no        autoconf
FreeBSD 6.0    x86 (qemu)   3.4.4      no        autoconf

(*) benchmarks were not run when building with cmake.  In this case,
I've built and install the bloom-filter agg and all its dependencies.

I've run salmonella on the x86_64 machine (no libffi, autoconf build)
and it could successfully build and install 208 eggs (lots of eggs
fail because of missing libraries).

Best wishes,
Mario