Re: Re : [Chicken-users] opengl egg naming scheme

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: Re : [Chicken-users] opengl egg naming scheme
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:52:31 -0600

Isn't the only difference the lack of a colon?  It would be trivial to
auto-generate a shim file with all the defines in it that you could
simply include with your code.    Certainly no more difficult than
renaming the opengl egg in the first place.

*If* I started using the opengl egg seriously, I would have done
something similar to convert everything to hyphenated style, e.g.
gl:load-identity, gl:matrix-mode, and maybe eventually just suggested
a patch.  But I haven't used it enough to mind.

Nevertheless I would prefer you not modify the egg itself to do
glLikeThis as it would just be a step backward (IMHO).

On 2/27/07, minh thu <address@hidden> wrote:
2007/2/27, Kon Lovett <address@hidden>:
> On Feb 27, 2007, at 10:53 AM, minh thu wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > At the beginning of my journey with Chicken, I stolen the opengl egg
> > and repacked it: I changed its naming gl:UpperCase in glAsInC.
> >
> > Now I have code I'd like to share that depends on the glAsInC naming.
> > It would not be very difficult for me to change it but I find it ugly.
> >
> > Is there any rationale to keep/change the extant egg ? To provide a
> > new one ?
> >
> > Or is it possible to use the extant egg (the one with gl:Naming) but
> > use it as if it was named glLikeThis ?
>
> (define glAsInC gl:UpperCase)

Ouch, that's a lot of defines :)
Thanks