[Chicken-users] Returning non-zero terminated strings from foreign code

From: Peter Schuller
Subject: [Chicken-users] Returning non-zero terminated strings from foreign code
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 11:30:31 +0100

Hello,

Given some C code that malloc:s a buffer and puts some arbitrary data
(including potentially zeroes) into it, I want to convert that into a Scheme
string. Is there an idiomatic way to do this?

I had a look at foreign-lambda* to see how c-string return values are handled,
but it quickly gets pretty involved with Chicken internals that I'm not yet
ready to tackle...

Thanks,

--
/ Peter Schuller