Re: [Chicken-users] Obsolete eggs

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Obsolete eggs
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 07:04:32 -0800

On Mar 6, 2007, at 12:11 AM, felix winkelmann wrote:

Hello!

Over the time a number of eggs have accumulated that
have become obsolete, unsupported or both.

Currently, I consider the following eggs obsolete:

   * matcher (superseded by matchable)
   * structures (superseded by lexmod)

        1) The SRFI-27 egg uses structures currently. Please let me know
        the time-frame for the "switch" to lexmod so I can modify accordingly.
        (Looks to be only an edit job, but it will not be backward compatible
        w/o essentially providing the structures syntax - defined in terms of
        lexmod. Still, minor changes from a user's standpoint if I don't.)

   * uri (superseded by url)
   * srfi-57 (status unclear, buggy)
   * r6rs-libraries (s.a., there is also an updated version)
   * simple-macros (s.a.)

Any opinions?

Obsoleted eggs will be marked as such but not removed in the
near future.