[Chicken-users] Re: hart.egg

From: Hans Bulfone
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: hart.egg
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 22:03:14 +0100

hi,

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 07:08:38PM -0500, Graham Fawcett wrote:
> Hi Hans, I had a bit of time tonight, so I've checked an updated Hart
> into SVN. (Can anyone please tell me how to get a new egg built?)

thank you for the quick update!

> I ended up just adding (use hart-support) into hart.scm. This seems to
> address the problem in the interpreter and compiler both.

yes, works fine for me.

except that i'm getting this message while compiling hart :)

Warning: declarations are ignored in interpreted code
(##core#declare (quote (export hart-parse hart-html-escape
hart-vector-for-each*)))

i guess this is because of -X hart.scm which does (use hart-support)
which causes hart-support.scm to be loaded because hart-support.so
isn't available yet.  but i doubt this does any harm and i can't think
of a good fix right now.

> I've kept the (for) macro but renamed it to (hart-for) instead. The
> hart keyword is still (for: ...) which makes sense. This should
> prevent collisions.

yes, tnx.

> Agreed. Coming soon. :-) Until then you could do:
>
>  (hart (let: () (raw: "<!DOCTYPE...") (html ...)))

how about a (begin: ...) form?
that would also be useful for if: if the branches
contain more than one html tag (of course, as you pointed out,
one could also just use let: )

> Great point! I've added (scheme: ...).

tnx!

> Keep it coming, Hans! I've really enjoyed using Hart myself, and I'm
> glad to know that someone else is enjoying it too. Your suggestions
> have been first-rate.

thanks :)

bye,
hans.