Re: [Chicken-users] Problem with sqlite3 egg on MinGW Chicken 2.6

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problem with sqlite3 egg on MinGW Chicken 2.6
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:17:28 +0100

Ian Oversby wrote:

>> The sqlite3 egg 1.5.6+ requires the synch egg 1.0+.
>
> Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to do this, and it seems I've made
> it worse :-/  I added (require-at-runtime synch) to the setup file and now
> it no longer even finds sqlite3:open. [...]

Hello Ian,

if I interpret your problem correctly, you didn't have the synch egg installed
when you compiled the sqlite3 egg, which caused the compiler to turn some
syntax in the sqlite3 egg that should really have been macroexpanded into
function calls instead!

Therefore you shouldn't have to modify anything in the code of the sqlite3 egg.
Just recompile / reinstall a recent version of the synch egg first and after
that
recompile / reinstall the sqlite3 egg.

I hope that helps,
Thomas