[Chicken-users] Ann: url egg 3.0

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: [Chicken-users] Ann: url egg 3.0
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 18:59:40 -0800

Hi Folks,

Release 3.0 of the url egg is now available.

Added support for string authority & query arguments to make-uri.

Added uri-encode-split-path, uri-split-path-null?, uri-path-null?, uri-decode-split-path, and pathname->uri.

Deprecated uri-make-path, uri-split-fields, uri-path->keys, path- >uri, absolute-path?, null-directory?, glob-pattern?.

Added cached userinfo values.

Query string parsing now signals an error condition.

Changed query alist key type to string so the symbol table is not needlessly expanded. This change is incompatible, thus the full version number release.

I doubt anyone (but me) was using the query alist anyway so the above change to string keys shouldn't be an issue.

Notes:

1) I still think calling this thing the url egg wasn't a great idea. The url API is deprecated so confusion is possible. And the exported namespace is 'uri-'.

2) Still missing any scheme specific handling. This is a major hole.

Best Wishes,
Kon