[Chicken-users] easyffi default arguments

From: Carlos Pita
Subject: [Chicken-users] easyffi default arguments
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:20:41 -0300

Hi,

continuing with the easyffi saga :) I would like to hear your
suggestions about the best way to get c++ default args. One alternative
would be to rename the original method using ___declare(rename...)
directive, and then define a tinyclos method with an #!optional clause
that just delegates to the renamed method. I think it would be better to
directly invoke the underlying foreign-lambda to avoid the
generic->generic->foreign-lambda invocation chain which would incur into
possibly expensive method resolution twice. But I don't know how to
reference this hipotetical foreign-lambda (maybe an stub with a criptic
name that keeps no resemblance to the original one). Btw, is there any
way to inspect the macroexpanded ffi-level output of the #> <# sections
so I can tweak with more confidence?

Cheers,
Carlos

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.