[Chicken-users] Return value of `system'

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: [Chicken-users] Return value of `system'
Date: 14 Mar 2007 15:38:46 -0300

Hi folks,

On the systems I've tried (GNU/Linux), `system' returns the exit
status of the process it runs.  The documentation says:

,----[ http://chicken.wiki.br/Unit%20library#system ]
| [procedure] (system STRING)
|
| Execute shell command. The functionality offered by this procedure
| depends on the capabilities of the host shell.
`----

Is the return value one of the functionalities which depend on the
capabilities of the host shell?  Or the documentation should mention
that the return value of `system' corresponds to the exit status of
the process which was executed?

Best wishes,
Mario