Re: [Chicken-users] atlas-lapack egg release 1.0

From: Pierre-Alexandre Fournier
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] atlas-lapack egg release 1.0
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 23:12:40 -0400

Hi,

   I decided to allow the functions to mutate their arguments in order
to be consistent with the original ATLAS/LAPACK functions.

I understand. It makes sense to me.

   You are right about returning multiple values -- it is redundant if
the arguments to the function are mutated. You would use something like:

  (let-values (((a b)  (atlas-lapack:dgesv order n nrhs a b)))

     ...do stuff...

but perhaps that's not necessary, if the function changes its
arguments.

I'd rather avoid let-values if it is not necessary, but this is a
personal preference. Other people may have good reasons to keep the
use of let-values even in this case. You wrote the interface so I will
let you decide what's best.

Cheers,

Pierre-Alexandre