Re: [Chicken-users] how do i set interface for tcp client socket etc.

From: minh thu
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] how do i set interface for tcp client socket etc.
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:59:45 +0100

2007/3/16, felix winkelmann <address@hidden>:
On 3/14/07, John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:
> felix winkelmann scripsit:
>
> > >I want to set it so the tcp client will use for example IP addy
> > >192.168.1.2
> > >Also is the way to do same thing for http and xml-rpc client module ?
> >
> > Sorry, John - I must admit that I can't quite follow. Do you mean you
> > want to connect as a TCP client the the mentioned address?
>
> I think the idea is to be able to connect *from* a specific address
> when you are on a box with multiple IP addresses.

Sorry, but I have no idea how that is done. Anybody around who
knows more about socket programming?

[Hoping I'm not saying garbage...]

Hi,

I don't think it makes sense : a host connect to another host through routing.
It means it use the routing tables on the first host to determine the route.
If you can reach the destination by multiple routes, it's the routing
protocol to decide by which interface you will emit. If you want to
use a sepecific interface, you have to change those routing tables.

Cheers,
thu